Are you noticing breakouts on your skin? Does it feel like, no matter what you try, your skincare routine is not creating the results you want? If you’re prone to acne, you should look to make an appointment with Orchidia Medical Group in Naples, FL, to learn more about your options for acne treatments. You must address the dead skin cells and oil production that’s causing your pores to get clogged and irritated. While this condition is largely influenced by hereditary factors and your hormones, there are behaviors you can take to reduce your acne effectively.
Contrary to what some people believe, acne is not necessarily a direct result from your diet and eating habits. The primary cause is due to fluctuating hormones. Specifically, what happens is your hormones will stimulate your oil glands that produce too much sebum. Then, the sebum blocks your pores and bacteria will grow triggering inflammation and breakouts.
What is Acne Like for You?
Most people have experienced some form of acne, so you want to assess the severity of your condition before you treat it. Since acne is a medical condition, ask for a professional opinion about what kind of blemishes you have. If you have a mild case, our team can direct you some helpful products to treat your condition. If your acne is more severe, then you’ll want to explore other kinds of therapy and procedures.
There are three main categories of acne:
- Comedonal, which appears as whiteheads or blackheads
- Inflammatory, which becomes reddened and inflamed
- Cystic, which contains infections and inflammation
What Type of Acne Treatments Are There?
With your our team’s guidance, you’ll be able to see what treatments are right for you. You can use glycolic acid for removing the dead skin cells clogging your pores. It’s also common to use spot treatment with benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, or sulfur-based products. You must engage in your cleansing regimen that includes daily exfoliation.
The main options for acne treatment include:
- Topical creams made up of retinoids
- Oral antibiotics like erythromycin, doxycycline, or tetracycline
- Prescribed drugs like isotretinoin
- Light treatment
- Laser treatment
Our team in Naples proudly offers a range of non-surgical treatment options to reduce the appearance of acne and promote clear skin.
- Microneedling is a minimally invasive treatment that encourages your body’s natural healing processes.
- PRP is a substance obtained from your body that is packed with growth factors. When applied to your skin, it promotes your body’s natural healing and regrowth processes.
- Forever Clear BBL is a combination of light treatments that target and eliminate the bacteria that cause acne.
- PDO threads are a minimally invasive treatment to stimulate your body’s natural collagen production. These can be used to reduce the appearance of pesky acne scars.
- The VI Peel is a powerful chemical peel to exfoliate dead skin cells and reveal refreshed, new skin.
- Enlighten RX is a skin brightener treatment that promotes an even, clear complexion.
A combination of treatments may be necessary to help you achieve the clear skin you desire, and a consultation with our team can help you determine the best treatment plan for you.
What Can Acne Treatments Do For You?
Treatments are intended to unblock your clogged pores and help with repairing your skin. With treatment, your skin will gradually smooth out and reduce your redness and itching. Once you’ve chosen your form of treatment, results are typically enjoyed after a few weeks of regular treatment. Do your best to be patient with the process.
Schedule Your Consultation!
Interested in learning more about how could achieve clearer skin? Explore acne treatments available at Orchidia Medical Group! Contact us today and schedule your consultation to visit us in Naples, Florida. We look forward to helping you better understand your skin and the best way to care for it!